Philosophy & Goals
The mission of
Seton Catholic School is the religious and academic formation of students in
preparation for their lives as productive Catholic adults.
STATEMENT OF PHILOSOPHY
Seton Catholic School is a Catholic Christian community dedicated to a total
educational program. We believe that every facet of life is important:
spiritual, physical, intellectual and emotional. We strive to instill Christian
values so that each student becomes a force of good in God's world.
Concurrently, our educational program leads, encourages and aids each student to
develop his/her intellect to its full potential. We respect the unique
attributes of each student. Thus, by providing the atmosphere of living and
learning in the light of faith, we encourage each individual to become a whole
person - his/her own person.
STATEMENT OF GOALS
- To develop an awareness of Christ in self and in others.
- To develop Christian values and attitudes.
- To increase the knowledge of and respect for the teachings of Christ.
- To present basic Catholic doctrine.
- To continue formation and development of a faith community involving the
faculty, priests, students and parents.
- To deepen appreciation for various prayer forms through active
Academic Education and Formation
- To give each child the necessary encouragement and aid to independently
attain individual goals.
- To develop and maintain a coordinated curriculum throughout all of the
- To provide a diversified learning situation in which personal
achievement and success are attainable.
- To impart background knowledge and information in the subject areas
included in the school curriculum.
- To provide the educational leadership and the administrative skills to
build a faith community through which the total development of each student
- To provide encouragement and understanding to the faculty and students,
recognizing each as a unique individual.
- To strive for harmony with the school community, providing an
opportunity for honest, open communication.
- To aid teachers in providing a total educational program whereby every
child is given the opportunity to succeed.
- To show acceptance and encouragement of each child as a unique
- To provide for the individual needs of each student.
- To exemplify Christian principles and attitudes.
- To maintain professional ethics at all times.
- To communicate and interact with the adult personnel: faculty,
principals, parents, priests and the Seton School Commission on Education.
- To show a spirit of cooperation within each department and between
- To continue participation in professional activities and continuing
- To strive to achieve to the fullest of one's ability.
- To exemplify a concern toward one's self and others.
- To cooperate with the school laws and regulations.
- To accept and respect the uniqueness of each person.
- To assume, according to age level and intellectual capacity,
co-responsibility with the faculty for development of individualized
- To play a supportive role in school activities.
- To be the primary educators of their children.
- To cooperate and work in conjunction with the Seton School's faculty,
staff and administration.
- To be active in and supportive of the Seton School parents' clubs.